Have you decided on your Christmas Day menu yet? If not, then consider this gooey chocolate tart for dessert. It’s simple, can be prepared the day before, and is a definite crowd pleaser.
I got this recipe from the lovely ladies at Dandi – they not only know their tablecloths (check out their stuff – there’s some great Christmas gifts to be found), they know their way around the kitchen too.
My top tip: Do all your prep work (measuring, chopping and crushing) before you begin.
100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped finely
60g butter, chopped
1 cup desiccated coconut
200g plain chocolate biscuits, finely crushed
100g dark cooking chocolate, melted
½ cup cream
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Fresh strawberries and cherries to decorate.
1. Preheat oven to 150C (130C Fan Forced). Grease 4 small tart tins with removable base.
2. Mix together chopped chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stir until melted.
3. Mix in the coconut and biscuits, press mixture into the base and side of the tart tins ensuring an even coverage. Set aside whilst you prepare the filling.
1. Beat together the melted chocolate, eggs, cream, caster sugar, brown sugar and flour until smooth. Pour into the prepared tart tins.
2. Place in oven for 30 minutes until just firm. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
3. Just before serving, dust with cocoa powder, berries and enjoy!